Q: my truck suddenly dropped to the four cylinder mode and is stuck there. Surely this is not normal. Is there any repair or fix?

While driving slowly with a small load on a gravel road the truck suddenly lost power and died. It finally restarted but only runs on four cylinders now. It will not switch back to eight no matter the speed or load. What do I do?

This sounds like a computer issue of some kind. Unfortunately, high tech scan tools may be necessary to diagnose this issue. I would recommend visiting your local dealership as they usually possess these tools. It is very likely that the powertrain control module could be malfunctioning and may require replacement in order to resolve this issue.

• my truck suddenly dropped to the four cylinder mode and is stuck there. Surely this is not normal. Is there any repair or fix?