Q: my truck has to go to 3500-4000 rpms to go forward, and it goes forward in reverse. Also it was smoking llike crazy at one point

My truck will only go forward at 3500-4500 rpms and not very fast. Goes forward only in reverse. If it keep at it smoke comes from the bottom. 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

Hi there. I appears that your transmission has some serious problems. It could be damage to the torque converter, or internal transmission components & seals being broken as well. I would recommend having a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to shift inspection to determine what damage has occurred and what the best repair options are best for your Dodge.

3. my truck has to go to 3500-4000 rpms to go forward, and it goes forward in reverse. Also it was smoking llike crazy at one point