Q: My temperature gauge reads cold - 2004 Chrysler Sebring

I drove my car for one hour and a half to my destination and one hour and a half back. my temperature needle stayed between C for cold and the next line up, for the entire drive. what is the reason for this? I just had my water pump and timing belt replaced and my thermostat was replaced. I need to know if it's safe to go ahead to continue driving in that state?

A: Hello there. A few common faults will cause...

Hello there. A few common faults will cause your 2004 Chrysler Sebring to to stay at C on the temperature gauge. The most common are a faulty coolant temperature sensor, failing temperature gauge, or wiring harness fault. If the engine does not reach operating temperatures, it can cause issues when driving, so your vehicle should be inspected as soon as possible.

A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your location to determine why your car's temperature gauge reads cold and replace the temperature sensor if needed.