Q: My mechanic mistakenly put oil in my coolant tank, how much damage has been done?

my mechanic mistakenly put oil in my coolant tank, how much damage has been done? i drove the car for about 3 weeks when i started to notice my heat was not working. Long story short he has flushed my car 2 times. what should i do at this point besides sue him

Hello. You have a difficult situation on your hands and I’m sorry for what has happened to you. I would continue trying to flush your system as much as you can. Have an expert inspect any other damage or issues to see what can be done to restore the vehicle If it doesn’t all come out, you’ll need to replace all of your cooling components. This may not fix it all though because you have water jackets in your engine where the oil may stick around and continue messing up your engine. Again, I’m sorry for the issue you came across.

3. My mechanic mistakenly put oil in my coolant tank, how much damage has been done?