Q: my honda accord ex 2002 v4 intermittently jerks one or 2 seconds after full stop.specially in the morning. Atf has been changed.

asked by on February 25, 2018

I had problem with jerking while shifting. I have cleaned transmission valve filters and changed ATF. Problem almost gone. Now , one to two seconds after full stop car jerks same as something hit back of the car. This happens intermittently specially when car was parked for a while.

You may have a transmission or engine problem. Without actually feeling the problem it would be hard to know if it is a misfire in one of the cylinders or a valve body shift solenoid problem in the transmission. If problem is happening in park then it most likely is an engine misfire. I recommend to have computer scanned to see if there are stored codes to help isolate the problem.