Q: My ford focus has given me information saying check engine service now ok....what does this mean?

My car had information saying Check engine service now ok I clicked ok and the i sign lit up I switched the car off and on again and the i sign went off. Does this mean it is due a service with regards to the mileage?

Hi There, Your vehicle has a recommended service interval at 10,000 miles, with the next interval at 20,000 miles. If you did not have any services performed at the 10,000 mile mark, this may be why your service light is on. During the 10,000 mile service, the following would be performed:

Rotate and inspect tires; check wheel end play and turning noise Change engine oil and replace oil filter when indicated on vehicle message center or every 12 months, whichever occurs first Inspect cooling system and hoses Inspect complete exhaust system and heat shields Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system Inspect and lubricate all non-sealed steering linkage,ball joints,suspension joints,half and drive-shafts and u-joints Perform multi-point inspection

I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to perform these services for you to keep your car in proper repair.

3. My ford focus has given me information saying check engine service now ok....what does this mean?