Q: My Durango is idealing at about 1100-1800 rpm in park and occasionally it will Race up to 3000 rpm in drive .

I also need a muffler and tail pipe so I'm not sure if this is a part of the issue.

A high idle can be caused bu a few different issues. A Vacuum leak in the intake system, either a cracked air intake boot or intake manifold gasket can cause this. If the engine is sucking in too much air, the idle be high. Also, it can be an electronic issue. A throttle position sensor for example, can give the engine control unit inaccurate readings, or no readings at all. Even if the check engine light is not on, the throttle position sensor, or another of many sensors, can be giving bad readings that may cause the ecu to send the idle high.

Have a certified technician look into why the idles is high. As for the replacement muffler and tailpipe, Just click on the Quote link on any page of our website and fill in the vehicle information. Someone will get back to you with a price quote.

• My Durango is idealing at about 1100-1800 rpm in park and occasionally it will Race up to 3000 rpm in drive .