Q: Odd noise when I turn at low speeds.

If I am stopped and slowly accelerate while taking a turn, there is a womp womp noise (always 2 back to back). There is also a bit of shaking when I turn also. It makes me feel like I need to accelerate really slowly on turns- I thought it was something to do with my bearing in the wheel, but just got it replaced and its still there. I feel it in the steering wheel, and sometimes there is a strange muffled noise when I turn that goes WHOOSH.

From what you’ve described your power steering pump is probably bad. You need to check the oil in it to make sure its not too low, however, I think it’s already bad. Once you hear that noise there really isn’t any saving it.

Here is some general knowledge, when you are turning from one side to the other, don’t hold your steering wheel all the way to the left or right for more than 10 seconds on any vehicle. If you do this you will burn up your power steering pump.

If you’d like, have one of our professional technicians diagnose the noise firsthand and replace your power steering pump to avoid any unnecessary repairs.

3. Odd noise when I turn at low speeds.