Q: My dome light and blower motor quit working

There is a red wire dangling by my gas and brake pedals I just noticed it and the kids were playing in my car the same day my dome light and blower motor quit working. Could that wire be the problem

A: You may find that this vehicle has many red...

You may find that this vehicle has many red wires throughout the vehicle that powers different circuits on the vehicle. This wire could have went to another system, so you would need to check to confirm what this dangling wire belongs to. With that said, the dangling wire may have grounded out and blew a fuse to the blower or interior lights. The blower and interior lights do work on different circuits and is not likely that the wire goes to both systems. You should have the electrical system and AC blower checked by a mechanic to check to see if the wire is the problem or you have a blower motor or resistor problem. If you'd like assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform an inspection of your electrical issues to help diagnose and suggest any repairs to your vehicle.