Q: My dash lights are not cutting on and my gauges are not moving and the car won't go into gear

Dash lights and gages not working car starts up now but won't go into gear

A: Are there any fault lights on when the car ...

Are there any fault lights on when the car is started like the check engine light or red brake light? Often, if the brake switch has a fault the shifter will not come out of park as a safety measure. Have the vehicles battery and electrical system tested for problems like a weak battery or faulted main terminal connection. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out at take a closer look at the inability to go into gear concern as well as the electrical problem and offer a more personal diagnosis.