Q: My check engine light came on and it had code p1151. What could cause that code?

My check engine light came on and it had code p1151. What could cause that code?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Trouble code P1151 sets if the air/fuel ratio is out of range lean. Vacuum leaks in the intake are a typical cause but if the fault is not found there, there are actually quite a few potential trouble spots including: the oxygen sensor itself is faulty (the O2 sensor can be readily tested), fuel pressure is out of range, the MAF sensor is dirty/defective, there is a leaking fuel injector or fuel pressure regulator, and/or the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is defective (rare, though). To resolve this, the recommended service is a check engine light diagnostic. I would start with that basic check engine light diagnostic and the mechanic will advise you from there, based on his or her findings. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.