Q: Crank no start. Not switching signals at the ignition coil.

Hi I have been trying to diagnose an issue with a crank no start on a 2005 Mazda 6 2.3L. What I've done so far is replace the crank shaft sensor the fuel pump as it was week. tested the camshaft sensor and tested the ignition coil. I tested the singles going from the crankshaft sensor to the coil and it seems that there is a single going to the ignition coil however I'm not getting a switching signal and No spark at any of the spark plugs. So the crankshaft sensor is new.. This all started with a P0300 Random misfire and P0134 HO25-11 code oxygen sensor issue the vehicle is running rough I friend of mine actually pulled a spark plug wire off while the engine was running as he was trying to identify which cylinder was running rough and the engine died from that point I could never start the vehicle again.

Hi there. When your friend removed the spark plug while the engine was running and it was not grounded, the lazy spark may have shorted out the module in the distributor or it could have shorted out the coil in the distributor. I recommend replacing the distributor coil and module and the engine should start back up. Then you could test to see where the problems are with the random misfire. I also recommend replacing all the spark plugs to ensure a good solid spark. When you replace the parts, I suggest investing in the OEM specified parts to ensure a good connection and performance. If you need further assistance with your engine misfiring, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Crank no start. Not switching signals at the ignition coil.