Q: When i remove fuel pump regulator should there be fuel in it and if not how do i know if regulator is bad

Car started making weird noises yesterday. Then car broke down today. It back fired out air intake when working on it so figured it was a air and fuel mixture problem. Took the regulator off but don't know how to tell if it is doing it's job or not

A: I’m assuming you’re talking about the fuel ...

I’m assuming you’re talking about the fuel pressure regulator. If the regulator is not leaking, the only test for it’s functionality is a fuel pressure test. That takes some special equipment. If the car is backfiring out of the intake, That could be an ignition problem or maybe even a timing belt. I recommend contacting YourMechanic to have an expert diagnose the stalling problem so you don’t waste time and money replacing parts that you don’t need.