Q: When i remove fuel pump regulator should there be fuel in it and if not how do i know if regulator is bad

asked by on October 09, 2016

Car started making weird noises yesterday. Then car broke down today. It back fired out air intake when working on it so figured it was a air and fuel mixture problem. Took the regulator off but don't know how to tell if it is doing it's job or not

Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement $111.64 - $903.72 Get a Quote
Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

I’m assuming you’re talking about the fuel pressure regulator. If the regulator is not leaking, the only test for it’s functionality is a fuel pressure test. That takes some special equipment. If the car is backfiring out of the intake, That could be an ignition problem or maybe even a timing belt. I recommend contacting YourMechanic to have an expert diagnose the stalling problem so you don’t waste time and money replacing parts that you don’t need.