Q: My car won't turn over dash lights come on but won't attempt to turn over

My car over heated then I turned it off , and it wouldn't start after I check the antifreeze and it was really low so my father n law filled it with water and a little bit of coolant cuz we had very little and still won't start

Hello, thank you for writing in. In this type of situation, you have to worry about locking up the engine. You can blow a head and cause the engine to seize up internally. This can lead to an expensive repair, or possibly needing the engine to be overhauled or replaced. With that said, you can start by testing for all of the usual signs of a no-start problem. These include the starter, battery, cables, and relay. If testing these components comes does not lead you anywhere, manually spin the engine with the crankshaft bolt to see if the engine is seized. If you require further help with this type of testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• My car won't turn over dash lights come on but won't attempt to turn over