Q: My car won't start

My car won't start every time I turn it off, I need a jump. I went to a couple of shops, one told me it was my battery the other told me the alternator failed but when I asked about the voltage from the alternator he said it was 13. I'm confused, this car is only 2 years old, and I'm the only owner. My husband jumped his truck off with my car so I'm assuming maybe that could have messed it up. What do you think?

Hi there, thanks for writing in. Jumping another car won’t necessarily damage your vehicle, unless the cables were swapped for some reason. If the battery doesn’t have enough cranking amps to start the engine, then the battery should be replaced. With the vehicle only being two years old, I would doubt the alternator is broken. However, it would be a good idea to have one of our local mechanics complete a battery is draining inspection to determine exactly what’s wrong before you spend more money on repairs you don’t need.