Q: My car will turn over, but dies a second later unless I keep my foot on the gas. It happened randomly, I drove it fine an hour bef

asked by on November 30, 2016

It drove just fine an hour before this. Then I went to start my car and the engine would fire up, but very weakly and only for a second before it shut off. I figured out that it will stay running if I keep my foot on the gas, but as soon as I take it off the gas it dies.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there:

It’s possible that you have damage to your fuel pump, mass air flow sensor or a vacuum leak that is causing your 2002 Dodge Intrepid to stall quickly. The best way to know for certain is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is stalling inspection so they can determine what’s damaged and recommend the right repairs be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr