Q: My car will not start just days after I got the airbag replaced. What would be the issue?

asked by on December 31, 2016

My car will not start just days after airbag replacement. I took a short trip and a longer trip with it with no issues. It fully turns over but does not start. Never had a starting issue before. Also have a battery issue with this model that is apparently quite common in cold weather. We couldnt fully fix it so we had to put a disconnector switch on it which I unscrew every time its parked so it doesnt drain the battery. Battery was disconnected overnight and it does have power. My husband thinks that something was bumped in the stearing column when airbag was replaced.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. I’m not quite certain that the replacement of the air bag would impact the vehicle’s ability to start; especially if the engine cranks over. It is possible that during the removal and installation that the battery cables may not have been removed. If this occurred, it may have blown a fuse to an ignition component. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic visit you to complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can pinpoint why your Mustang won’t fire-up.