Q: Q: Transmission problem?

It looks like the power steering fluid is low but I don't think that the two are linked together. When put into gear it just reves in drive and reverse.

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like a problem generally connected to the flow of transmission fluid. Since you have checked the fluid and it is full, this would suggest you may have a faulty solenoid or bad valve body. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. This type of problem is amplified any time the transmission is low on fluid creating a drop in hydraulic pressure. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

3. Q: Transmission problem?