Q: My car shut down after it running 'loud' for about 20 miles, steering stopped working once I took exit and wouldn't turn back on.

Yesterday I noticed my car was running louder than usual when I started it, then restarted and same. It was drive able so I went to my destination. I noticed it smelled like burning rubber and was still loud (sounded like someone was holding their shoe on a running treadmill). Checked the oil, nothing looked broke or out of place. I drove to work this morning (about 20 miles), still sounded the same but drove it. As I took my exit and was turning, my steering wheel got heavy and barely movable but was able to move to the side of the road. A dashboard light then turned on "Electric Power Steering System Warning" and then it shut off and wouldn't turn back on. When the tow guy came, he jump started it with battery and was able to get my car to work. He suggested it could be my alternator going out. But I don't think my car is drive able now. Any thoughts?

3. My car shut down after it running 'loud' for about 20 miles, steering stopped working once I took exit and wouldn't turn back on.