Q: Hi i have knocking sound in my vvt solenoid in my Volvo S40 model 2000 and I changed the vvt solenoid with new one but I still ha

Hi i have knocking sound in my vvt solenoid in my Volvo S40 model 2000 and I changed the vvt solenoid with new one but I still have the knocking sound !? But if i unplug the cable the knocking sound goes ! What is the real problem ?

It is possible that the noise is just a normal function of the solenoid. It is also possible that the new solenoid you have is also a faulty part. If you have a warranty you could try replacing it under warranty to see if another new one would resolve the issue.

You will need to have the computer tested for codes for the failure and test those codes. It may be a defective sensor for the camshafts.

3. Hi i have knocking sound in my vvt solenoid in my Volvo S40 model 2000 and I changed the vvt solenoid with new one but I still ha