Q: My car needs a brake sensor or brake fluid.

Brake light comes on intermittently. As per investigation online, it could be the brake fluid or it needs a new brake sensor.

A: There are only three things that can trigge...

There are only three things that can trigger a brake light on most vehicles and four if you own a BMW. The brake light can be triggered by either low brake fluid, dysfunctional parking brake engagement (or issue with the parking brake switch), or if the pressure differential switch has noticed a pressure differential between the two sides of your split brake system. BMW vehicles have a brake pad sensor which will also trigger the brake light when the pads get too thin. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected for brake issues. The most common causes for the red brake light would be low brake fluid and issues with the parking brake switch.