Q: My car needs a brake sensor or brake fluid.

Brake light comes on intermittently. As per investigation online, it could be the brake fluid or it needs a new brake sensor.

There are only three things that can trigger a brake light on most vehicles and four if you own a BMW. The brake light can be triggered by either low brake fluid, dysfunctional parking brake engagement (or issue with the parking brake switch), or if the pressure differential switch has noticed a pressure differential between the two sides of your split brake system. BMW vehicles have a brake pad sensor which will also trigger the brake light when the pads get too thin. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected for brake issues. The most common causes for the red brake light would be low brake fluid and issues with the parking brake switch.

3. My car needs a brake sensor or brake fluid.