Q: Q: My car is running hot

my car is overheating. there are no leaks. had a pressure test done. there is no water mixed in with the oil. changed thermostat, water pump, radiator hose. service engine light is not on. went thru 3 containers of coolant within an hour. can pour gallons an gallons of water into the water tank and it jus keeps disappearing at the blink of an eye. there is nothin leaking out. so where is the water and coolant going? took car to mechanic shop. they did not see anything wrong and do not know why it's running hot. when open the radiator cap water pours out of the over flow. bled the car for air.there was a lot of air that came out but then the water started pouring out consistently. car can run for hours in park without getting hot. but gets hot while in driving on the road. it gets all the way to the red. what can be making the car run hot? where is all the water and coolant going? and how come mechanics cannot find anything?

I would recommend checking for smoke coming from your exhaust. Since you are not able to find a leak and you are positive that the coolant is not mixing with the oil, it is very likely that your engine is burning the coolant in the combustion chamber. This can happen due to a faulty intake manifold gasket or a faulty head gasket.

If the intake manifold gasket has failed, this repair can be done within a few hours and will not cost an arm and a leg. If the head gasket has failed, the repair for that could take several hours and would be very expensive. It is best to have the overheating issue diagnosed by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to ensure that the wrong repair does not get done. This will save time and money in the long run.

3. Q: My car is running hot