Q: My car is cranking longer than usual and the gauges shake after.

It will crank longer than usual, then once it starts my gauges will stay down and shake for awhile before going up

Hello, There are a number of reasons that may cause the vehicle to take longer than normal to start, however this is usually due to a fuel delivery problem resulting in insufficient fuel being supplied to the motor at startup. This can happen when you have a faulty or clogged fuel injector or possibly a weak fuel pump that may not be pumping fuel properly resulting in low fuel pressure. This may also be a result of incorrect ignition timing as well, which could produce a delayed start. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing the hard starting.

3. My car is cranking longer than usual and the gauges shake after.