Q: My car is a 2006 malabu. It suddenly overheated on my husband and i one sunday while taking our grandkids home. He has changed the

My car is a 2006 chevy malibu. One sunday while taking our grandkids home it suddenly started overheating. My husband has sence put new water pump thermaste fans radiator and hoses. But it is still overheating until I turn on the heater then it cools off. We have checked the coolant to make sure it is full but it is loosing water somewhere and still trying to over heat. What should we how now any suggestions?

Hi there. Are the cooling fans (radiator fans) working properly? If they aren’t, then this could be the root cause of what has occurred. The continued loss of coolant with an obvious outside leak leads me to believe that there is either head gasket, cylinder head, or intake manifold concerns. Have you checked the oil to see if it is contaminated? If it looks milky brown or anything like that, then it is contaminated. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car overheats inspection.

3. My car is a 2006 malabu. It suddenly overheated on my husband and i one sunday while taking our grandkids home. He has changed the