Q: How do you remove the gas cap?

How do you remove the gas cap?

Without removing the gas cap, you won’t be able to fill your tank. Nissan makes it easy to remove and replace your cap, and even provides a handy holder for the cap during the filling process. Here’s what you need to know:

• Open the fuel door (use the switch on the driver side floorboard).

• Unscrew the gas cap.

• Set the gas cap in the holder on the back (inside) of the fuel door. This will prevent you from forgetting it.

• Fill the tank. The fuel nozzle will automatically shut off when your tank is full.

• Screw the gas cap back on firmly. Not replacing the gas cap correctly can cause the Check Engine Light to come on and the loose fuel cap warning to show up in your vehicle information display.

• Close the fuel door securely.

Detailed instructions regarding the filling process can be found here: https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-to-pump-gas-yourself-by-patrick-haas

Tip:

Your gas cap is the ratcheting type – it will tighten and then start clicking when it’s tight.

3. How do you remove the gas cap?