Q: My car has the engine light on and extreme power loss on highways 2008 Saturn Astra

Hello there! I have a 2008 Saturn Astra. I love the little thing but for the past couple of months it has been acting up. I've taken it in to mechanics multiple times to no avail. It will lose its speed (drastically) on hills on the highway and the "check engine" light is on. I know it isn't supposed to be the quickest car but I shouldn't be as bad as it is. The code read on it was P0014 and I got the camshaft replaced two days ago. However! It's still doing the same thing and the light came back on. Any ideas for me? Thank you!!

Hello - if the P0014 code is the only code present, your camshaft is still out-of-time with the crankshaft, and the timing belt alignment procedure needs to be done (again) to set this right. (It is also possible that one of the camshaft actuators is malfunctioning, resulting in incorrect camshaft advance/retard.) Failure to get crankshaft/camshaft timing correct can result in poor performance, and also internal damage due to piston/valve collisions. I recommend a timing belt service by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and correct this problem.

3. My car has the engine light on and extreme power loss on highways 2008 Saturn Astra