Q: Charging system failure.

I would like some help figuring out why my car won't start with a new battery.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have an issue with your charging system not maintaining the correct charge on the battery. This can be caused by a faulty alternator, bad wiring connection or in some cases a bad voltage regulator. The voltage regulator is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator and maintaining a certain amperage while the engine runs. When the alternator is not working properly, this may result in the battery quickly losing charge and the car losing all power. You may also notice a whining sound as a result of the bearings inside the alternator begin to fail. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your charging system.