Q: My car has a brand new battery and won't start. It just clicks, yet all the lights are on. What's going on?

My 2013 Ford Explorer has a brand new battery but won't start. Is just clicking and all the lights still work so confused please help I'm in a parking lot. Just bought it 2 days ago.

This may be related to a faulty starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starter.

3. My car has a brand new battery and won't start. It just clicks, yet all the lights are on. What's going on?