Q: My car doesnt work properly in reverse

My car makes a strange clunking noise when in reverse. In reverse, it might go for a little bit, but gets stopped after a few inches. The car works perfectly fine in drive.

This may be caused by sludge buildup in the transmission if the fluid has not been changed in a long time. When this happens, this may also cause the shift solenoids to malfunction, which will directly result in the improper shifting of the vehicle whether in drive or in reverse as you have described. I would suggest having the transmission fluid changed to see if this corrects the problem first. If this does not you may have an issue with one of the transmission shift solenoids.

3. My car doesnt work properly in reverse