Q: My bank 2 cat converter showed when they put my car on the computer no other codes so i was trying to see exactly what does it ope

I got my car ran on the computer and it showed a bank 2 catalytic converter im trying to see exactly how does that Operate ? What does it control?

Hello, thank you for writing in. It is difficult to say what the exact issue is and how it relates to the vehicle without knowing what code was set by the computer. Typically a bank 2 catalytic converter code is a p0430. But first lets talk about the catalytic converter. It is responsible for turning exhaust fumes into less aggressive compounds that are easier on the environment. There is a sensor that measures how well the catalytic converter is functioning. When the sensor reads that the exhaust fumes are out of the normal range, then it sets the warning light off on your dash and saves the code so it can tell you what is wrong. It does this with a voltage reading which is why the code is saying low voltage. There are several things that can trigger the code that do not pertain to a bad catalytic converter. Check the oxygen sensor, the catalytic converter, and the wiring connection.

• My bank 2 cat converter showed when they put my car on the computer no other codes so i was trying to see exactly what does it ope