Q: My Alignment and Brake mechanic, says I need motor mount replacement.

How much should I expect to pay in the San Diego / Lakeside, CA area. He didn't say how many mounts need replacing, but with brake engaged and shifting from drive to reverse, the engine raises, significantly, from front of motor to the rear of the engine raising significantly. I'm trying to figure out if it's time to replace the car?

This is definitely a sure sign of broken motor mounts. As you may have noticed the torque of the engine causes it to rise when shifting in or out of gear when a motor mount is not securely holding the engine in it’s place. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to replace these mounts.

• My Alignment and Brake mechanic, says I need motor mount replacement.