My ac compressor quit working in my 2016 vw jetta what co...

Q: My ac compressor quit working in my 2016 vw jetta what could be the main cause for this being brand new?

asked by on July 30, 2017

My car was making funny noises like pressure releasing inside on my car and the air was blowing cold and then went hot. I'm pretty sure I found out the ac compressor is locked up but I just don't understand how when they are suspose to last 10-15 years and my car is brand new 2016 vw jetta. What could be the main cause before I replace the compressor and it break again due to another issue maybe?

VW has seen a lot of problems with these compressors and has issued a service bulletin on some of their 2015 and 2016 cars. There is a defective regulating valve that causes compressor failure. In many cases they are performing repairs for no charge. You will need to contact your dealer service department to see if your car is covered under the bulletin. If it isn’t covered and you have the repair done elsewhere, you will want to be sure that the replacement part comes from a dealer’s parts department. When updates and bulletins are done on defective parts, the dealers remove the old stock from their shelves and replace them with the updated parts. Parts retailers might not do this and your replacement may have the same issues as the old one. To have your compressor replaced conveniently at your home or office you can contact Your mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to replace your AC compressor right there on the spot.