Q: How do I use the seat heaters?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do I use the seat heaters?

If your car is equipped with seat heaters (optional equipment), they provide an additional solution of comfort during cold weather, as well as for easing an aching back. Using them is actually very simple. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Locate the seat heater buttons. You can find them at the bottom of the center stack, to the left of the front power outlet.

2. Push the upper button to turn on the driver side seat heater. The light will come on to show that it is working.

3. Push the lower button to turn on the passenger front seat heater. The indicator light will come on.

4. Push the button again to cut the seat heater off.

Tips

• You can only use the seat heaters if the ignition switch is on.

• Don’t use the seat heaters for long if the ignition is on but the engine is not running, or it could drain the battery.

• Don’t put sharp objects in the seat or it could damage the heater.

• Don’t get the front seats wet or it could damage the heater. Don’t use the heater if the seat is wet.