Q: My 98 accord keeps giving me system too rich , i changed the o2 sensors both of them , the map sensor, the distributer , spark plu

asked by on March 26, 2017

My 98 accord keeps giving me system too rich , i changed the o2 sensors both of them , the map sensor, the distributer , spark plugs, gas cap and it keeps giving me p0170,and p0172 i dont know what else to do

P0172 means too much fuel or, conversely, too little air, is being supplied and thus the air fuel ratio is sub-optimal. Other causes of this code setting, that are not reflected in your list, include a dirty mass air flow sensor overstating the amount of air entering the engine which may cause excessive fuel delivery, leaking fuel injectors allowing too much fuel to enter the combustion chamber, a faulty fuel pressure regulator, a vacuum leak, a stuck engine cooling thermostat or a faulty coolant temperature sensor. There are other possibilities as well, but the foregoing are principal causes to check first. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a check engine light diagnostic - P0170, P0172 and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.