Q: My 93 Ford Explorer shuts down when it's put in drive

I drove my explorer for about 3 hours and when I went to leave for work, it went in reverse perfectly fine but when I put it in drive it shut down. It was low on trans fluid so I really filled it and changed the oil. It's trying to go when I put it in drive, but the just shuts down.

Hi there. A transmission will typically only be low on fluid if there is a leak present. Low transmission fluid levels however, can be caused by internal seal issues, which can also cause shifting issues. It might be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection to isolate the source of your problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. My 93 Ford Explorer shuts down when it's put in drive