Q: My 2007 equinox wouldn't start. Bought new battery but still won't crack. Had codes P0899

Equinox wouldn't start. Bought new battery. Still won't crank. Codes P0689 and P1682. Any ideas.

Hi there:

The P0689 OBD-II error code signifies that the relay control switch to the PCM is sending a voltage signal that is out of the range of manufacturer specifications. While the storage of this code also leads to the illumination of the Check Engine Light, some vehicle makes and models require multiple ignition cycle with such a failure taking place before the Check Engine Light illuminates. This can be caused by corroded battery cables, shorted or open circuits, a bad fusible link, or a blown fuse. To accurately diagnose your issue, you should have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection.

• My 2007 equinox wouldn't start. Bought new battery but still won't crack. Had codes P0899