Q: Soap smell coming out of car after cabin change. Changed filter the the smell is still coming. What to do about this strong smell?

asked by on June 15, 2017

Theirs a soapy smell coming out of car after cabin filter change at dealership. Changed filter again smell is still coming why? Dealership also said car also had an hvac filter what is that? How do i get rid of this smell?

Hi There, As you know, your car has a cabin filter that serves to filter the air that is introduced to the cabin inside the vehicle. The best way to remove your cars interior ac odor is to use a cleaner that uses enzymes. Enzymes in cleaners kill odors at the source and completely kill the smelly substance material and therefore stopping the a bad smell. To get rid of the smell, try the following: First turn on the ac to full, make sure the “recirculate” button is not on, spray a large amount of cleaner with odor killing enzymes into the EXTERIOR air intakes that are located just below the windshield wipers, let the car run for about 10 minutes with the ac on, after 10 minutes turn off ac and spray the cleaner into the ac vents on the INSIDE of your car. After doing all this, let the car sit for 20 minutes turned off and windows rolled up. Then repeat if the smell is still in the car. By doing this you are killing the bacteria or mold in the car ac vent ducts and also the evaporator mold that may be present.