Q: My 1JZ doesn't fire, engine swap gone wrong?

When I start the ignition in my freshly engine swapped 300ZX the engine starts to fire and then cuts out, it's been like this for three days, any ideas why?

A: Hi there. Any number of possibilities, coul...

Hi there. Any number of possibilities, could be the cause for the replacement engine no start. What needs to be determined is whether there is a loss of fuel, a loss of spark, or both. Assuming, the replacement engine is mechanically sound, listening for the fuel pump and a fuel pressure test would help identify the fuel pump is functional, checking for spark while the engine is cranking, would help identify the ignition system is functional. Going back over the engine wiring harness connectors and grounds may resolve the no start condition. Accessing the ECM (engine control module)/computer for codes may help identify what's going on. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle's replacement engine no start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.