Q: Multiple leaking parts

The CV axles, rack and pinion, and rear shocks are leaking. Plus, the transmission mount is not bolted down.

CV axles leak from the a dust boot. Inside the dust boot is a special high temperature grease that provides lubrication to the joint. If the grease leaks, the joint will be damaged from the lack of lubrication and extreme heat generated. The normal repair is to replace the joints. The rack and pinion is what actually turns the tires when you turn the steering wheel. There is a constant flow of power steering fluid to the rack, so leaks are very possible. It is a major steering component and it houses four tie rod ends. When it is replaced, these tie rod ends should be checked for wear and replaced. Replacing the rack will also require you to do an alignment. Shocks should be replaced in pairs, so when you replace them, replace both rears.

The hydraulic fluid in shocks is what provides the absorption. If the fluid leaks out, the can no longer perform their function. This causes the tires to bounce and wear in sort of a choppy pattern. Choppy tire wear will start to make loud humming sounds that will continue even after shock replacement if not addressed quickly. The transmission mount is something that should be checked out by a mechanic. This will determine if the mount is broken or if the screw came loose. The mechanic will also need to check if there was any damage to the threads where the bolt is missing. If you need assistance, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic will be able to come to your location to locate any leaks and service your vehicle.