Q: Truck runs great until I get around 2,000 rims, then it starts missing and cutting out until I get below 2000 rpms

Runs great up to 2000 rpms then starts missing and cutting out real bad. Once below 2000 rpms right back to normal. Had water pump, timing belt, TPS, mass airflow sensor, plugs, wires and coil packs replaced. Out of ideas....

Hi there. The fuel filter could be plugged up causing the demand for fuel flow to drop making the engine starve for fuel when running at a higher speed. Check the fuel pressure on the fuel rain and run the engine to a low speed and a high speed and see if the fuel pressure drops. If the fuel pressure drops, then the fuel filter needs replaced. If the pressure remains the same, then the fuel pressure regulator needs cleaned out or replaced. If you need further assistance with your engine misfiring when higher than 2,000 rpm’s, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Truck runs great until I get around 2,000 rims, then it starts missing and cutting out until I get below 2000 rpms