Q: Q: Motor making a weird noise

My car drives, but it takes some time to get my engine started. My motor is also making a weird noise.

3. Q: Motor making a weird noise

Q: Q: Car not cranking

Hello. If your engine will not crank the most common cause is the battery. The battery should be load tested to see if it is bad. If the battery is fine, then I typically test for voltage at the small...

Q: Bad crankshaft sensors - would that cause the problem of poor acceleration? 1996 Chevy K1500

Hello - yes, a failed crankshaft or camshaft position sensor can cause a "loss of power" situation. The ignition system has a limited fallback ignition timing scheme to allow the vehicle to run, albeit with little power, to get safely...

Q: White smoke from the engine and smells of rubber with the knocking sound

My guess is that you have a leak somewhere, most likely a coolant leak. Coolant leaking onto a hot engine will immediately result in white smoke. Since you stopped the vehicle before all of the coolant was lost, the vehicle...