Q: Motor making a weird noise

My car drives, but it takes some time to get my engine started. My motor is also making a weird noise.

A: Hi. An engine that cranks normally but take...

Hi. An engine that cranks normally but takes a long time to start is usually the result of a fuel or spark issue. On the other hand, a vehicle that turns over slowly is usually a sign of a problem in the starting system. It could be something like a worn battery or starter. One item that is known to fail on these vehicles is the fuel pump. There is even a technical service bulletin (TSB) number 96-25-22 regarding this issue. A trained mechanic will be able to inspect your vehicle’s starting issue first hand and see if this is the problem.