Q: More Horse power and performance chips

On my Buick, I like to know how can I get more horsepower? The motor runs great with that many miles on it and also, can I put a performance chip on it too? Only burn 93 octane gas just wanna add a little power to her.Help if can.

Hi Tim (great name). To be completely honest, with more than 200,000 miles on your Buick, you’re risking serious mechanical failure by making any performance upgrades to your engine; without completely rebuilding it. As a motor ages, so do the internal components like connecting rods and cylinder head hardware. The more "power" your engine makes, the more strain these already worn out parts will undergo. I’d recommend rebuilding your engine and making the performance gains there, or buying a newer vehicle and trying the aftermarket upgrades you discussed.

3. More Horse power and performance chips