Q: Misfire on coil one and two

I've taken my vehicle to a mechanic and he came back and said the spark plug is badly damaged and needs to be replaced along with two coils. Is getting the two coils replaced necessary as the spark plug is badly damaged which may cause a misfire? Before I went to the repair show I taken the vehicle to Advance Auto for free diagnostics they said misfire on coil 1 and coil 2 and possibly spark plug. When I told the repair shop they said they need to look for themselves and charged me $112 for a Diagnostics and said the same thing I just told them. I don't want to be cheated out of my money. So the real question is. Can a bad spark plug cause coils to also misfire? In this case my one and two coils

It is possible that the coils were damaged by the bad plugs. The spark output of the coils may be bad on the two cylinders in question. If you want to chance it and only replace the spark plugs then go ahead. If the misfire is still happening then you will pay for labor to replace the coils again.