Q: Question

asked by on February 13, 2018

Hey, so on my 2016 Toyota Corolla there is a light every 5000 miles so I want to ask do I have to change oil every 5k miles? Because I use Pennzoil Synthetic Oil and they last more then 10k so I can change the oil at 10k miles right? Thanks

Hi Patel. Thanks for contacting us tonight. While synthetic oils are typically longer lasting than a conventional oil, the engine and ECU can’t predict or detect the oil in the engine. This is why the warning light illuminates. I still recommend to people to change the oil and filter every 5,000 miles, as synthetic or conventional gets dirty and contaminated at the same pace.