Q: Metallic noise coming from front wheels

I can hear a loud-pitched, screeching, metallic noise coming from the front wheels while driving. At 10 miles per hour, the sound is less intense. The brake pads were replaced a few months ago.

Hi there. Brake pads have a thin metal strip that is meant to touch your rotor when the pads get down to about 20%. This thin piece of metal can bend easily during installation and can cause a noise like the one you are hearing. If you had the pads replaced recently, I suggest getting them rechecked. If this is the case, the metallic strip can be easily bent back and you can be back on the road. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the brake system on your vehicle and suggest an appropriate repair.

3. Metallic noise coming from front wheels