Second opinion ) My car's welcome prompt would sound and...

Second opinion ) My car's welcome prompt would sound and then I'don't lose power steering (battery was boosted today) Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning ...

Second opinion ) My car's welcome prompt would sound and then I'don't lose power steering (battery was boosted today) Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel? Not sure it was ever checked (110km). No whining noases Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? 2010 mazda 3 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mazda 3 yourself? What have you tried so far? Haven't tried anything yet. Fluid level is good but very discoloured (black) Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Vehicle rarely gets driven now with covid. I normally get out for a quick drive every two weeks and always requires a battery boost

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. I will do my best to help you resolve them. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Ok, what is rarely gets driven - once every 2-3 weeks, once every few days, once a month?
Automotive Expert
HI It is sitting 10 days or more at a time, the battery is likely draining due to inuse as there are many control modules that while they do go to sleep 5 minute after turning the ignition off, still have to some power for their retained memory circuit boards. below is a link to a battery tinder that would resolve this issue as it will monitor the battery voltage drop and charge as needed while it sits for long period of times https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Battery-Automatic-Motorcycle-YONHAN/dp/B089VRXB2W/ref=sr\_1\_11?dchild=1&keywords=car+battery+tender&qid=1610597600&s=automotive&sr=1-11