Q: May need to replace battery

I might need my battery replaced. Before parking my car three months ago, my Check Engine light came on and my mechanic replaced the battery, which seemed to fix the problem.

A: Hello. If the battery is dead again then it...

Hello. If the battery is dead again then it needs to be charged. If it holds a charge then it will be fine as it is somewhat normal for a battery to die after not being sued for several months. If the battery does not hold a charge then it will need to be replaced. A low battery can turn on the Check Engine Light. If the light remains on then I would typically install a scan tool to see what the codes are. That will guide me in the right direction to see what is going on. A mechanic can diagnose your Check Engine Light, and replace the battery if needed.