Q: May need to replace battery

I might need my battery replaced. Before parking my car three months ago, my Check Engine light came on and my mechanic replaced the battery, which seemed to fix the problem.

Hello. If the battery is dead again then it needs to be charged. If it holds a charge then it will be fine as it is somewhat normal for a battery to die after not being sued for several months. If the battery does not hold a charge then it will need to be replaced. A low battery can turn on the Check Engine Light. If the light remains on then I would typically install a scan tool to see what the codes are. That will guide me in the right direction to see what is going on. A mechanic can diagnose your Check Engine Light, and replace the battery if needed.

3. May need to replace battery