Q: MAF sensor throwing code, running lean. The dealer is saying the ECM needs to be reprogram. Is this needed?

MAF sensor throwing code, Engine is running lean. The dealer is saying the ECM needs to be reprogrammed after new stock MAF is replaced. Is this needed?

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us today. Anytime the Mass Air Flow Sensor or fuel system component is replaced, it’s required to clear any error codes, flash the ECM and ensure the new component communicates correctly with the ECM. If not completed, it can cause lean or rich conditions.

3. MAF sensor throwing code, running lean. The dealer is saying the ECM needs to be reprogram. Is this needed?