Q: Loud sound when eccelaratjng.

Hi my name is hazel, i have 2005 chevy blazer, i have noticed when I eccelarate the sound become too loud and when i turn my steering wheel a little bit to the right the sound sounf will go down. I dont know the cause or safe to drive?? Thanks!!

Hello Hazel, thank you for writing in. When the noise is associated with acceleration, then the issue is likely exhaust, transmission, or engine related. There is also the option that the RPMs are reaching higher levels before the vehicle shifts. If that is the case, you have a transmission issue rather than an engine related problem. Without doing some further testing and diagnostic work, there is little confirmation we can give on the stability and safety of the vehicle. The steering is powered by the engine, and if the engine is having issue, the power steering may also act up. With that being said, the causes of a loud engine may be mechanical or electrical in nature. Only further testing will tell, and you should seek professional help. For more diagnostic help from out team, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Loud sound when eccelaratjng.