Q: Loud sound punching vibration

When I start my car from a cold start or warm start the engine makes a loud automated sound that stops almost immediately. It doesn't sound like screeching but it’s not normal. When I lightly hold the brake pedal with my hands I can feel the engine's pistons firing or punching through the pedal – no specific pattern only a vibration or punch that’s not normal. Could it be the intake gasket or engine bearing? What do you think?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2013 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG. Since you are feeling this through the brake pedal, your symptoms are leading me to believe you are experiencing the vehicle’s anti-lock braking system self-test at the beginning of the ignition cycle. These vehicles are usually pretty sensitive when it comes to problems concerning the engine and if no light is illuminated, I would consult your certified dealer about the noise to see if something has come loose or a noise damper has become worn. You can also have a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the vibrations in your brake pedal.

3. Loud sound punching vibration